Saturday, December 31, 2011

PTC glory inspires Ford

Tom Ford is determined to take full advantage of his new-found confidence after securing his second professional title in Sheffield.

The 28-year-old from Leicester won the 11th Players Tour Championship (PTC) event in Sheffield after edging out Martin Gould 4-3 in a dramatic final to claim the £10,000 prize money and valuable ranking points.

It was a stunning triumph for the world number 31 and was yet more evidence of his potential, following his victory in last season’s third PTC event. People looking at the best snooker betting should remember this.

And having overcome the likes of Judd Trump and Graeme Dott in December in the penultimate PTC event in the latest campaign, Ford said: “No disrespect to the players I beat to win a PTC event last year, but I count this one as a much better victory because of the players I've beaten.

“To beat the likes of Trump and Dott gives me a lot of confidence to go on and do well in the big tournaments. Maybe last year I relaxed too much after winning the PTC, so this time I want to get my head down and keep going.

“I'm too far away from the top 16 to get in there this season. However, I can get into the low 20s."

Ford did brilliantly to oust the high-flying and recently-crowned UK champion Trump 4-1 in the quarter-finals and then went on to beat former world champion Dott 4-0 in the semi-finals.

And in the final, Ford had to dig deep to oust Gould, Power Snooker champion and world number 12, with a cool 66 clearance in the last frame after trailing 41-8.

“I made a good break in the last frame, particularly the last red along the top cushion, because I knew, if I missed it, I'd lose,” Ford added.  “I entered the tournament expecting nothing, but, after winning my first match, I got stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment