Friday, December 28, 2012

Raptors' Plight Depresses Bargnani


Injured Toronto Raptors forward, Andrea Bargnani, has admitted that his side is currently one of the worst in the NBA, a sentiment that fans betting on NHL will no doubt agree with.
          
The 27-year-old Italian is sidelined with a torn ligament and also missed most of last season with a succession of injuries.

Bargnani, who has been with the Raptors since 2006, said: “I’m very upset that that the injury is something very bad again.

“It was a bad fall, but it could have been worse, I could have broken some of my bones, my wrist, so I got lucky in certain ways, but it’s really bad.”

Toronto have endured a terrible season so far, and when asked about the Raptors’ position, Bargnani replied: ''We’re pretty much the worst team in the NBA. Our record is extremely bad right now.”

After being selected first overall in the 2006 NBA Draft, Bargnani helped the Raptors reach the play-offs in his first two seasons in Toronto, including the Atlantic Division title in 2006-07.

However, the Raptors have not made the play-offs in any of the last four campaigns and already seem unlikely to do so again this season; ask anybody placing a bet on NHL.

After being a regular in his first five seasons, Bargnani was a peripheral figure last season when Torontos record was 23-43.

Meanwhile, coach, Dwane Casey, insists he is not about to quit despite his side’s problems. Casey is under contract until the end of the 2013-14 but president/general manager, Bryan Colangelo, recently called the Raptors’ current situation “embarrassing”.

But Casey said, when asked what the future held for him: “Believe me, as a coach you always feel under pressure. I’m going to give everything I have. That’s the only way I know how to do it and I’m going to continue to do it until they tell me I’m not here anymore.”

No comments:

Post a Comment