Friday, June 8, 2012

Kuyt Takes Next Career Step

Dutch ace Dirk Kuyt admits that he made the decision to leave Liverpool with a heavy heart, though believes that the move to Fenerbahce can help re-ignite his career.

Kuyt secured legendary status with the Anfield faithful during his time at the club, playing a key role in the Reds’ charge to the 2006/07 Champions League Final and showing a level of passion for the shirt that was surpassed by few.

But the attacking midfielder found appearance opportunities difficult to come by in 2011/12, and played significantly less minutes than in previous seasons.

“My last season at Liverpool wasn't the best one. I thought that I should've played more and I just got the feeling I needed to change something in my career,” said Kuyt.

“I wanted a new experience, a new country, new people around me, and that's why I made the decision to leave.

“But I had a great time and I had great team-mates. The club was great and the people were great. It's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional.”

Kuyt will now turn his attentions to his country’s quest for European glory.

The Netherlands v Denmark betting markets suggest victory for the Dutch in their opening game, which could be particularly crucial in a group that also contains Portugal and Germany.

The Betfair Germany v Portugal odds suggest a win for Joachim Low’s men, and if the result goes the German’s way then it set things up nicely for a showdown between the pair a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment