Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Buddle under no illusion


Football betting:

EDSON BUDDLE is under no illusion he faces a much harder task breaking back into the LA Galaxy attack now that he is back at the Home Depot Center.

The 30-year-old has returned to the MLS from a spell in Germany with FC Ingolstadt desperate to beef up a strikeforce boasting the likes of Landon Donovan, David Beckham and Robbie Keane.

The New Rochelle native left his homeland at the end of the 2010 season when his contract with Galaxy was up and the club in turn decided to sign Juan Pablo Angel.

He admitted he always kept one eye on his former employers during his brief spell in Bundesliga 2.

"There was not a day in Germany that I didn’t think about the Galaxy," Buddle said in a press conference on Monday.

A change of manager at Audi-Sportpark meant a change of direction for Buddle, who scored 17 goals in his last full season in MLS, and the chance to move back to the MLS Cup winners.

"We both agreed to go our separate ways and it was in my best interest to find a better club," he added.

Buddle revealed he was anxious to resurrect his career at such an important age and accepted it was vital he hit the ground running.

"I'm hard on myself," he said. "I always want to do well and want to do better than I did last time I was here anyway. That's just a goal of mine. No one can put any more pressure on myself than I do."

For those looking to bet on soccer games these constitute interesting developments.

No comments:

Post a Comment