Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Kuyt wants more game time

Liverpool's Dirk Kuyt has admitted that he could leave Anfirled next season, if he fails to regain his place in the first team.

Kuyt has struggled to earn a regular place in the Reds' starting line-up this season with boss Kenny Dalglish preferring to employ summer signing Jordan Henderson on the right-hand side of midfield.

The Dutchman has been a stalwart of the Merseysiders' side since joining from Feyenoord in 2006 but says that despite him and his family being happy in the North West, he would consider leaving the club if he doesn't start getting more time on the field.

"I want to play every game. It is very disappointing when I don't - like the Carling Cup final for instance," Kuyt told the Daily Mirror.

"As long as I play as much as I want to play then I will be happy, but if it gets to the point where I am not playing every game anymore, then maybe I will have to make another decision - but I don't think about that at this stage."

The Reds recently claimed their first trophy since 2006 by winning the Carling Cup in February, a game Kuyt had a major effect on, coming off the bench to score in extra time before converting his penalty in the shootout.

Following the win, the 31-year-old says he is pleased with how the club is progressing and believes that there is a lot for the fans to look forward to with so much talent in the ranks.

"Future wise, I think we will be okay. I think we have much to look forward to, because there is a sense we can go places with this squad, because there are some players with real talent" he added.

Written by Nick, a fan of youwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment