Thursday, February 3, 2011

Torres to net against former club?

Fernando Torres would have no problems scoring against Liverpool, despite ending his unhappy spell there by signing for Chelsea on Monday.

Torres made the switch to west London in a £50million move during the dying embers of the January transfer window. In a bizarre twist of fate, he could make his Blues debut against his former club on Sunday.

There have been no reports that Torres has asked to be left out of his football side’s clash against Liverpool even though Reds fans were clearly angry with his defection.

Speaking about the prospect of playing against his former club, the Spanish striker said:

"It is like destiny.

"It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level.

"I will never say anything bad about Liverpool. I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea.

"If I have the chance to play, I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score."

No comments:

Post a Comment